Advisory Committee of Conservation Cell
The Advisory Committee for the Conservation Cell of Bhavanapadu Thermal Power Project comprises of:
- Expert from Salim Ali Centre for Ornithology (SACON), Coimbatore.
- Prof.B.Kondala Rao, Dept. of Marine Living Resources, Andhra University,
- Shri.K.S.Reddy, Chief Conservator of Forests (Central), Representative of Regional Office of MOE&F, Bangalore.
- The District Forest Officer, Srikakulam.
- Sri.P.Rammohan Rao, District Forest Officer, Srikakulam.
- Other Experts Co-opted from National Institute/ University are:
- Prof.S.V.Sudhakar, Vice Chancellor, Dr.B.R.Ambedkar University, Srikakulam – Expert in Social work and Demographic studies.
- Dr. K.Seshagiri Rao, Professor, Dept of Plant Sciences, School of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad - Expert in plant studies.
- Dr.Prakash Rao, Associate Professor (Ecology & Environment), Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pune – Expert in Energy Management & Ecology.
Dr. V. Nagulu is the Convener (Member Secretary) of the Advisory Committee. The Advisory Committee meets on half-yearly basis and had four (4) meetings till date and was chaired by Dr.S.Bhupathy of SACON.
The Advisory committee would assess and monitor the status and functioning of the ecosystems on a continuous basis and advice the Conservation Cell for sustainable management of the ecosystems.
Conservation Cell for the Project
- Dr. V.Nagulu (Retd. Professor, Dept. of Zoology, Osmania University) - Head
- Dr. V.Vasudeva Rao, Professor, Principal Scientist and Head, AINP on Agricultural Ornithology of Acharya N.G.Ranga Agricultural University, Hyderabad - Ornithologist
- Dr. M.S.Chakravarty, Professor, Dept of Marine Living Resources, Andhra University, Vishakapatnam - Marine Biologist
In addition the senior team of the Environment Management Cell of ECEPL are participating in the Conservation Cell meetings.
The conservation cell meets on quarterly basis and had eight (8) meetings till date.
The conservation cell is formed to conserve and protect the ecology of the area and monitor the same during the construction of the project. The Advisory Committee and Conservation Cell are formed in compliance to the Conditions stipulated by MoEF in the Environmental Clearance for the Project.
Information regarding Environmental Clearance
Click here to download news clipping
EAST COAST ENERGY PVT LTD., is pleased to inform the general public that the Ministry of Environment and Forests (MOEF), has accorded Environmental Clearance (F. No J-13011/36/2008- IA.II(T)) for the 2640 MW Bhavanapadu Thermal Power Project, based on Super Critical Technology near Kakarapalli, Srikakulam District, Andhra Pradesh. Copy of the clearance letter is available with the AP Pollution Control Board and can also be seen at the website of the MOEF at http://envfor.nic.in.